International Student Enrolment

North East Valley Normal School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016.

Important Information

We accept international student enrolments from Year 1 to Year 6. Due to this young age group, all international students must live with a parent or legal guardian while studying at North East Valley Normal School.

The following information provides useful information regarding enrolment requirements.


Full details of immigration requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand.

Eligibility for Health Services

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand.  If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment.  Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health.

Accident Insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs.  Further information can be viewed on the ACC website.

Medical and Travel Insurance

International students (including group students) must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand.

International Student Enrolment Requirements

To enrol at North East Valley Normal School as an international student, you will need:

·  a completed enrolment form

· a copy of passports and visa/permit documentation

· proof of New Zealand residential address

· proof of travel and medical insurance 

Download the International Student Enrolment Form